Re: [VHFcontesting] The not so lonely rover; k9aks in MO and IA

To: "Curtis C. Roseman" <croseman@almaak.usc.edu>,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The not so lonely rover; k9aks in MO and IA
From: wbr@verizon.net
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:50:05 -0400
I hope that you had many more contacts than I've been able to muster up. I don't belive that the band is totally dead, but I've heard very few stations. I've made a total of eight (8) contacts so far. Seems like a very poor turn out. What a bust. I've had contacts in three different grids on 432 FM16, FM26 and FM06 and two different grids FM16 and FM06 on 222. Where is everyone?!
Or is the band only dead at my QTH? HI. Anxious to see results on this one in QST. 73, Bill, WF4R, FM16ts

Curtis C. Roseman wrote:

My apologies if this messages is a dupe.  I don't think it went through
the first time.   -k9aks

In a break from tradition, I will not play the loneliest rover in this year's UHF contest. I have added two new bands, 432 and 1296, to my 222 rover operation. (With three UHF bands, I will have to spend some time this evening honing my pile-up management skills!) I will operate from fixed sites only. Here is the general plan:

EM49: Saturday, start of contest (two hours or so) at Lovers Leap in
Hannibal, MO
EM39, EN30, and maybe EN40, later Saturday afternoon
EN31: Saturday evening if I make it that far

EN41: Sunday morning at the Amana Hamfest, extreme west end of the grid, I
think.
EN32 or 42 later Sunday morning

Plans subject to change, but I do hope to follow the general route
described above.

73, Curt Roseman K9AKS The Loneliest Rover