RE: [VHFcontesting] Cross Mode communication

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] Cross Mode communication
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:12:54 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mike Tessmer <mike.tessmer@hillmangroup.com>
wrote:

> > Why not wait until you hear us on PH to call?
>
> If it because of a brief enhancement or something I
> might not ever hear the
> other station again when it moves to phone or
> whatever.  I try to make the QSO now.

Yes indeed. One of the things I've learned in VHF
conesting over the years is to try and work somebody
as soon as you first hear them. All too often they are
only on for a short while. If that means working a
relatively close by station off the back of each
others beams with weak signals, - do so. If you don't
you might very well not get another chance to work
them later during that contest.

Duane
N9DG
En53bj