[VHFcontesting] K3LFO ROVER Sept VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K3LFO ROVER Sept VHF
From: "David Erickson" <erickson+vhf@mddsg.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:05:45 -0400 (EDT)
The K3LFO Rover will be active again next weekend. Since we have only been
roving since June 2003 we have no secrets! Our station is under constant
development and not really competitive. We're just in it for the fun of
the chase!!

We will be running the following:

TS-2000x and IC-706MKllG
TM-742 FM (waste of time??)
DEM 222-28 for 222Mhz
TE Systems 1452G 2 meter Amplifier
Mirage 70cm Amplifier

6M-     100W and Moxon antenna
        100W and 1/4 wave vertical
2M-     400W(with engine running) 11 Ele 12' Cushcraft
        50W and M2 HO Square Loop
222-    25 W and 11 Ele 9' Cushcraft
432-    50W and 2 X 19 Ele RIW Home brew 12'
        60W and M2 HO Square Loop
1296-   10W and 45 Element Loop Yagi 12'

The following is our flight plan.  WE plan to spend 1 to 2 hours in each
grid and operate as we can when in route.

Saturday:
FM19    McConnelsburg
FN10    Bear Mountain
FN00    Brief stops in transit
FM09    Sideling Hill

Sunday:
FM08    Skyline Drive
FM18    Brief stops in transit
FM07    Skyline Drive - Mill Mountain Roanoke
Unplanned, maybe EM97, EM96, or FM17.

Turn your beams our way and listen for us.  We will hang out around
144.240 Calling CQ and monitoring while working other bands.

Everybody GL have fun!

73,
Jim K3LFO
Dave W3DIO (ex KA3TNY)