RE: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS looking for m/s skeds

To: callbill@hotmail.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS looking for m/s skeds
From: "Paul Drexler W2PED" <pdrexler@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:15:15 +0000
As a follow-up to Bill's message, we're always looking for a few DX skeds - both meteor scatter and plain old long-haul CW tropo. Working a long haul contact during the wee hours of the morning can be better than caffine!

We still have room for a few more WSJT meteor scatter skeds at K1WHS. We'll be running both 50 and 144 MHz on FSK441 and JT6m. We've made a number of improvements to the station this year on these bands and we're really looking forward to seeing just what the station will REALLY do! If you're looking to confirm the state of MAINE on one opf these bands, you might want to give it a try! In fact, we're looking for anyone who would like to give a sked a try within reasonable DX distance.

Please reply to this email and I will coordinate.

73, Paul w2ped for the K1WHS gang, FN43 MAINE

K1WHS, unlimited multiop in southern Maine, FN43mj will be on the whole September contest weekend including friday night for pre-contest testing and "chit chat".

Station rundown, (narrowband modes on ALL bands), is:

1500w, 4 x 7 el on 50MHz
1500w, 4 x 18 el, or 16 x 5el fixed SW on 144MHz
1500w, 4 x 16 el on 222MHz
1500w, 8 x 25 el on 432MHz
300w, 4 x 33 on 903MHz
120w, 4 x 45 el on 1296MHz
120w, 4 x 76 el on 2304MHz
45w mast mounted, 4 x 112 el on 3456MHz
30w dish mounted, 3ft dish on 5760MHz
22w dish mounted, 3ft dish on 10gHz
3w dish mounted, 2ft dish on 24gHz

Hope some of the stations to the southwest and west (like... that's about ALL of them) can point their antennas NORTHEAST and EAST this weekend.. We will be there.

Good luck to all and hope everyone has a ball this weekend! Let's hope some of the tropo we have been getting lately in the East keeps up (well I hope you all get it out WEST too!)!

bill, k1dy (for "Dave's Station", K1WHS, FN43mj, Maine)