[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@ntplx.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:08:12 -0400
Had a great time in the 2M Fall Sprint last night. Started off working N1BUG FN55 who was 59. Lots of activity. Was a bit dubious about Hepburns' Tropo prediction, but quickly convinced after finding W4GRW's S9 signal from EM96. Then came W8PAT EN81 also 59. Wound up working lot's of EN9x stations, but the best propagation from here seemed to be south of west. Highlights included working K8TQK EM89 and WB4WEN EM86 who had great signals. Special thanks to W4WA EM84 in Georgia who made my night, s5 on sideband! Last in the log was VE3TMG in EN82. Despite good activity, missed several local grids like FN22 and FN33. Found VE2JWH FN35, and VE3XK FN15, but no FN25, FN14 or FN24. FN02 and FN12 were well represented but no FN13 or FN03. It was easier to fill in grids to my southwest, even managed to find FM28. Wound up with 110 QSO's, 37 grids for 4,070. Thanks to all who showed up and to the Southeastern VHF Society for sponsoring the Fall Sprints. See you on 222 next week!
-73, Ron WZ1V FN31mp