Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint

To: "David Olean" <k1whs@worldpath.net>,<VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:36:06 -0400
Hi Dave and all,

There sure wasn't any tropo here either. I have not heard
the band that dead since putting up the new antenna. The
FN31 stations (WZ1V, K1TEO mostly) were loud at times, but
they should be. FN20 and FM29 were in with extreme QSB,
going from S9 to nothing in a second or two. Heard and
called many stations only to have them disappear into the
noise before I could get their grid. I did not work
anything beyond FN20, and only one of those. Only 12 Q's in
5 grids... ugh! I probably spent an hour calling CQ, but
did not work a single station that way. My last Q was at
9:15PM, and at 10:00 I just shut down. I like being in a
"less common" grid, but sometimes I wish it was closer to
the populated areas.

Nevertheless, it was fun. It was good chatting with K1WHS
and others for a moment or two (yeah, I know, if I got on
the band more often...)  Gee Dave, I just had an old junker
hauled away last week. It might have had enough oomph left
to take out one strategic pole!  ;-)

Let's hope for better conditions for the 222 Sprint! And
enough activity to make it fun!

73,
Paul N1BUG  FN55mf