[VHFcontesting] Soliciting comments on the ic-910h and other 23cmrigs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, wsvhf@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Soliciting comments on the ic-910h and other 23cmrigs
From: STeve Andre' <andres@msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:12:02 +0000
   I've been gathering gear for weak signal stuff this year.  I
have Icom 5/2/3/475's, but no 23cm equipment.  Since the
ic-1275a appears to be a nearly mythic radio, I've been looking
at the ic-910 among others.

   I'd like to hear comments about the various 23cm radios out
there, and what makes sense to get.  The ic-910 looks to be a
good radio, but I've heard inconsistent things about it, and the
ic-970 seems to have mythic 23cm and 13cm modules, thus
combining great price with nearly unavailable parts. ;-)

   Of course I'd rather complete my quest with an ic-1275a, but
that doesn't seem likely, *sigh*.  Given what, what 23cm
equipment would you reccomend?

Thanks all,

--STeve Andre' (wb8wsf)