Re: [VHFcontesting] iQuery: What about the Sprints?

To: "VHFContesting eMail Remailer" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>,"Ev Tupis" <w2ev@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] iQuery: What about the Sprints?
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:00:37 -0500
Ev and VHFcontesting readers,

Just as the mountain climber answered...because it is there. Or, in the vein
of the N2JMH (I hope I'm remembering the call correctly) "Psycho
Rover"...because we (I) can.

I also find that I am able to get myself 'psyched' a lot more easily to go
out for successive 'evenings' (the 902 & up being a slight exception to the
evening rule) versus going out for an entire weekend (plus some). Away for
'just' an evening, even though it is one evening per week over a few weeks,
is also more acceptable my QUITE tolerant and *VERY* significant other (but
is there any way we can find to avoid Sweetest Day in the Fall?...probably
not, and thankfully it IS 'just' the morning).

As I live in a city that is unfriendly to amateur antennas, my VHF/UHF
operating is exclusively as a rover. Without being to dedicate a vehicle to
rovering so equipment could be permanently installed, a single band rover
set up is a lot easier to accomplish than a multi-band set up.

It is also quite convenient that I live near a Grid Intersection...further
conducive to roving and my activity also serves as an incentive for more
local fixed station activity since there is a reason to be interested beyond
the 15-20 minutes that it typically takes all of the local fixed stations to
work each other.

My 0.01616 euros, anyway.

73, JK

P.S. My thanks to SVHFS and ETDXA for continuing to sponsor and support
these events!