Re: [VHFcontesting] One "Idiot's" Reply - The Real WTX Story

To: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@gmail.com>,VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] One "Idiot's" Reply - The Real WTX Story
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:22:05 -0700 (PDT)
--- Michael Urich <ka5cvh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:28:14 -0400, Ev Tupis (W2EV)
> <w2ev@arrl.net> wrote:
>
> >  2.3.5.All Rovers are encouraged to adopt
> operating practices that
> > allow as many stations as possible to contact
> them.

So wouldn't this mean that they must stay up all
night, operating the entire contest?

If you are in WTX, where there is little activity,
especially on the microwaves, grid circling is
adopting a practice that allows as many stations as
possible to contact you-when the other option is no
station contacts you on those bands.

73s John NE0P