Re: [VHFcontesting] Biat Tee return loss

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Biat Tee return loss
From: "KA6AMD" <ka6amd@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:08:39 -0700
Hello David,

The return loss spec is the essentially the SWR of the bias tee.  This is a
measure of the mismatch of the bias tee with the transmission line you are
using.  10 dB means that the reflection is 10 dB below the incident signal.
10 dB is so-so, 30 dB is pretty good.  I would guess that it is a function
of frequency for the bias tee.

Erich
KA6AMD