[VHFcontesting] W4SHG 432 Sprint - Dismal Dismal Spring Event fromReddis

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4SHG 432 Sprint - Dismal Dismal Spring Event fromReddish Knob
From: "Steve Gilmore" <shg@staffnet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:26:20 -0400
Hi Yall,

Well it seems the brilliant idea of going to Reddish Knob for a single band
was as productive as a finding a pubic hair in a breakfast biscuit. (No I
never have.)

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Just to far from the NorthEast without signifigant activity North and West.
Was able to work to EN91 and some conditions toward the very end of the
night brought in WW8M in EN72 but all local activity to FM18/19 and to the
FN4x grids were unreachable with my power level and antennas. Never heard
FM14 or really anything South other than FM16.

38 Q's
18 Grids

No complaints, each time we go out we learn a little something, this time
single band UHF from Reddish is ok, but not near as productive as Skyline or
areas East and North closer to the activity centers. The cost of looking NW
and West is not worth the location as activity is clearly all in the NE.

Thanks the the SVHFS for sponsering this event, I will be shooting down to
see them next week and get some antennas examined and maybe to learn
something. (Got plenty to learn)

After a couple of Pin diodes in the 13cm and 23cm Kuhne's I hope to see you
all form FM08tn for the Microwave Sprint on 5/7/2005. Should have good power
through 5.7G

73 to all

Steve - W4SHG