[VHFcontesting] uWave_Sprint

To: <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] uWave_Sprint
From: "Bill Seabreeze" <w3iy@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 19:46:03 -0400
OK, OK, OK...my keyboard has been pretty silent of
late...but;

Now it's time to make some noise about the microwave
sprint this Saturday.  This is ur chance to check stuff out
before the June contest, and have a chance to find some
random signal activity in your deaf rcvr, before it's too
late to fix it.  All bands 903 and above are fair game,
and coordination on 144.260 or elsewhere is not only
allowed, but encouraged!!  Sieze this oppurtunity to see
if ur uwave gear is still healthy...blow the water outta the
toobes, purge the hornet's nests outta the feeds...the
air will soon be filled with weak signal RF to excite ur
LNA with lots of glorious QSOs!!  0600-1300 local
time is when the action will happen.  BE THERE...
Saturday!  Check http://www.etdxa.org/ for more info.
Just BE THERE...we need all the activity we can muster.

We're making progress rebuilding the rover, after
yearly safety inspection and bi-annual emissions tests...
the vehicle seems to work...now how about the radios?
We're planning to go to FM08us at 3365 ft msl to find
out.  Hopefully all bands 903 MHz - 47 GHz will still
function.  Other rovers are planning to be on...so fire
up ur apparatus!  Sieze the day!  Give a listen!  Call
CQ.  Most coordination seems to be on 2m SSB.
Don't hog 144.260...spread out, and find someone
to test with.  We hope to be there. Wx looks hopeful.

GL & 73,
Bill W3IY/R

p.s. Helpful hint...ROVERS...change ur radiator cap!...
ours recently rusted apart...let air into the system...and
the heater core rusted thru...OUCH!  An ounce of
prevention is cheaper than 5lbs of cure!