Re: [VHFcontesting] 706MK2G

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 706MK2G
From: SpecRisk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:26:57 EDT
I am using one with a DEM TIB to reduce the output to 200 MW for a
transverter. I have not seen it on a scope but if the spike was of substance it
 would
kill off my transverter's mixer which has not happened. The TIB applies  low
(under -4 volts to the ALC circuit.) and the same negative voltage could be
used to reduce the 50w to 25w (without using the software.) You could use a 9v
battery and a pot to vary the power in a small plug in box.
George, W1JHR