[VHFcontesting] K7XC will be QRV from DM09 (Peavine Mtn) for the UHFCont

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC will be QRV from DM09 (Peavine Mtn) for the UHFContest
From: "T. M." <k7xc@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:02:53 -0000
Hi Gang!

It was an "Awesome Experiance" working from Drake Peak in CN92. I'll put
together a proper "De-Brief" of my experiances during that trip sometime
over the weekend and post it for your enjoyment.

Which brings me to the reason for this email...

For the upcoming UHF Contest, K7XC will be QRV from DM09 at the 8200' level
of Peavine Mtn which is just N NW of Reno NV. Not using anything fancy, Just
the ROVER antennas and 100w while parked atop the mtn.

I will have my 7 ele 222 Mhz and 18 ele 432 Mhz ROVER yagis mounted on the
truck driven by my 706mkIIg (+xvtr on 222) with 100+W Amps on each band.

I am especially looking for grids on 222 Mhz!!!!!!!!!!

I will be looking for KA7BGR in CN82, and anyone active (or traveling thru)
DM03, DM05, CN80, CN81, CN91, DN02, DN12, and all the grids further North
(except CN87, CN88, and CN96 which were worked via AU last winter!).

If someone is going to activate DM25, DM28, or 29 in NV, I would love to
hear from you! I'm also looking for any grids in ID and UT as I have to date
only worked DN13 (Boise) and DN41 (SLC) from those states.

Since this is a "Shoot and Scoot" kind of operation I will only be QRV from
around 10AM Saturday till a couple hours after sunset that evening. It all
depends on the activity level and propagation as to exactly how late I will
be staying.

I may have my laptop with WSJT ready by then for JT65A mode. More as we get
closer to the event.

Anyone else going out for the contest?

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09ol ... sk