[VHFcontesting] Leveling the playing field (rover part II)

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Leveling the playing field (rover part II)
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:27:52 -0500
You know we can make changes.  A few years ago I had swapped a few
emails with Gene, W3ZZ based, upon some posts on a list about how for
field day (FD) the EOC stations were at a disadvantage during FD
because of the fixed station rules.  Gene suggested that I write the
League, I don't remember specifically who now, and suggest a change to
the categories.  I'm sure others were making similar comments as well
and so the League created the "F" category for EOC stations. On that
note I feel that my voice made a small difference.

OTOH I have felt and written that the FD scoring rules should be
changed to allow the same points for V/UHF contacts made during FD as
with any other V/UHF contest.  To that I haven't seen any change.

Now if you really want to mess things up, TONGUE IN CHEEK ONLY, do
away with section multipliers for FD and use grids for multipliers on
all bands.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com