Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers and FM in contesting

To: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers and FM in contesting
From: "kentke" <kentke@infoblvd.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:49:46 -0400
Well said Bill.
Now I will put in my $.02 worth.
 I have read this bullshit since it started per rover packs and now
be-littleing those that use FM during a contest.  If there are those who
want to run rover-packs working one another, so what !, who cares I sure
don't. If they don't want to work any one but each other, who cares ? I
don't.. Their loss not mine.
If all anyone cares about is getting a big score to win some contest, then
you are obviously in it for the wrong reason.
The right reason (by the way) is to have FUN.....
 If you don't like what you are hearing, use the button on you rig labled
power and put it in the off position.
Now for those who want to use FM,  go for it.  I got another idea, let's try
some AM also.  The mode that one use's is irevelent (ie: FM, AM, SSB, CW,
WSJT, PSK31) . The object is to work as many stations as you can in the time
alloted on the bands that (YOU) care to operate on, wether you are a fixed
station or a rover,( my hat's off to the rovers and the effort they put
forth. even got a chance to do it myself during the Sep 04 contest coming
back from VA - FM26, had a blast)  or a portable setup putting a needed grid
on. ( personally, that is what I like to do )
Getting a big score in a contest is not verry high on my priority list. But
having FUN is at the top of the list.
So, lighten up people and enjoy life and this wonderful hobby. Life is too
short for all this complaining and bickering.

See you in the Sep 05 contest as KA2LIM/2 from FN22

Ken
KA2LIM