[VHFcontesting] Stop slanderous statements!!!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Stop slanderous statements!!!
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:29:32 -0400
I for one am literally sick of reading the slanderous statements made here by
those ignorant of other stations operations, such as with W2SZ.

The accusations of them and others enlisting captive rovers without proof is
indeed slanderous to say the least.
Yes, thay have several rovers checking in with them.  But without seeing any of
the rover's logs, nobody has the right to blindly accuse them of being captive.
 You can accurately perhaps call these rovers dedicated and be correct in
saying so.   How anybody can drum up in their minds that these rovers woud be
using a callsign other than their own is likewise utter foolishness.

I worked W2SZ in the UHF contest and am very happy they were there to work.
They totalled 16 out of 55 qso's.  Now am I a captive rover?  Let me tell you I
will be there for them again too, as the participation to the east of me was
almost non-existent, getting only Jeff K1TEO for 2 more q's.   To the south was
2 Rochester area hams and K3TUF in FN10we.  Five hams from 0 degrees bearing to
180 degrees.

We need less criticism and more progressive planning for future events.  There
are more hams out there who can come on board.  Are you seeking and encouraging
them?
I am.

More VE3's are coming on board, including new rovers, but unless you make a
point of trying to work them, they will not stick around.  Likewise anywhere
else too.  More to follow.

73,

Bill  VE3CRU/R

Email: ve3cru@rac.ca