[VHFcontesting] Unproven allegations must STOP!!!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Unproven allegations must STOP!!!
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:32:50 -0400
There are a few, who being unable to win through their own merits, are
slandering others with unproven allegations.  This is the lowest form of
contester, and one we must not bow down to.

I don't care what may have happened in 1995, 1990 or 1985, I care about what is
happening in the year 2005.  It is time these name callers specified the year
they are referring to, the ham they are referring to, and the grid or grids.

Rover logs prove the rover was in the grid and that the rover did make a qso
from that grid.  This does not prove anything else, even if no other contact
was made in that grid.  The accusers MUST prove:

That there were other signals to be heard in the grid and area the rover was in;
That the rover was capable of hearing those signals;
and
That the rover heard and ignored the signal or signals known above.

To do so requires that another ham with similar antennas and gear be in the
same area at the same time.  This will never happen.  Therefore, it is time to
stop these unfounded accusations.

The lowest form of contester makes blind accusations, then requires the accused
to prove themselves innocent.
If you do not have proof of wrongdoing, don't suggest it is taking place.

Yes, I do know of a dedicated rover here in Ontario back in the late '80's and
early 90's.  But it all ceased when the base station became a SK 11 years ago.
I have supper every Thursday btw with this old captive rover.

I do not for one minute believe we have captive rovers in the north-east area
of the North American continent now.  I cannot speak for anywhere beyond.  The
past is history.  While a few are still stuck there, the rest of us must move
on and continue to be progressive and happy rovers and contesters.

Looking forward to contesting and rovering with all of you for many years to
come.  Rovers are a vital asset to VHF contesting.  Stand tall, and keep that
aluminum in the air.

73,

Bill  VE3CRU/R

Email: ve3cru@rac.ca