[VHFcontesting] Roving: Now What Do We Do?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Roving: Now What Do We Do?
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:49:38 -0400 (EDT)
I just spent my lunch hour going over the last few
days' worth of discussion on the various forms of
roving.  I know the discussions and two recent polls
have helped to solidify my opinions somewhat.  Now
that that's happened, I'd like to do something about
it.

What I'm getting at is:  I know that ARRL folks read
the group and probably participate (although I don't
know who they are), and that's good.  But is there a
particular person at the ARRL and other sponsoring
organizations like CQ who we should be contacting and
voicing our opinions to?

I'm sure that "the word on the street" is valuable to
them, but I would think it would be better if they had
a mailbox (virtual or otherwise) full of
correspondence from the people who participate in
their contests saying what changes they would like to
see.

Isn't that the next logical step now that we've
discussed this for a while?  Who do I write to?

Thanks and 73,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS
www.ve3hls.com