[VHFcontesting] The 22 Grids

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The 22 Grids
From: N6MU1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:45:14 EDT
Our route is no secret. All convergences were scouted before the contest to
make sure they were readily accessible and on public land. The terrain is
basically flat and the roads excellent.

We started just north of Alamogordo, NM at DM62/63/72/73. Then north to
Moriarty, NM for DM64/65/74/75. Then east to just north of Dumas, TX for
DM85/86/95/96. Then south to Cotton Center, TX for DM83/84/93/94. Then further
south to
Midland, TX for DM81/82/91/92. We ended up even further south at the end of
the contest in DM80/90. We had not scouted this area before and it was quite
challenging in the dark in the middle of nowhere as the terrain turned out to
be
quite hilly. Obviously GPS capability is an absolute necessity.

Hope this helps. 73...

John, N6MU