Re: [VHFcontesting] September Rovers - Impact of Gas Prices

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] September Rovers - Impact of Gas Prices
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:36:57 -0500
Matt and all,

I'm thinking the Gas Prices will seriously curtail MY plans, even at the
present $3+/gallon that we are seeing around Chicago...maybe only cover the
"local 4 Grids" (I'm near a Grid corner, just NW of Chicago) which I can cover
fairly well with about 30-40 miles of driving or include a great high spot in
EN52 with about 75-80 miles of driving.

*IF* I go further, I'd likely not go any further than one grid north (Milwaukee
area) or one grid south (SW of Kankakee, IL), each of those is another 150-200
miles in 'round trip'. Maybe I'd only do one, or maybe I'd do both. I'd *like*
to go farther but I'd also like to stay under a dollar a QSO (and my June and
August trips approached that cost...even with gas at 'only' $2 to $2.50/gallon).

Now if I can get a Pack of 5 or 6 rovers to go with me and Grid
Circle...oops...sorry...I digress. ;- ).

73, JK