[VHFcontesting] N1BUG FN55 222 Sprint Report

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N1BUG FN55 222 Sprint Report
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:48:55 -0400
Contesting from FN55mf is not a competitive endeavor... it's
too far off the beaten path.  But it is fun to see what can
be worked... which in this case was "not much".  Conditions
were undoubtedly the worst I have ever experienced on 222.
I worked hard for 4 QSOs in 3 hours!  Best DX was FN31.
This with 500 watts and 6.7 wavelength long yagi at 85 feet
with mast mount preamp.  Heard but could not work many
others including FN11 and FN00.  Several partial QSOs were
lost to deep QSB.  Nevertheless, it is good to be back on
VHF.

Sorry I won't be on 432 next week.  The antennas are laying
on a roof.  After my September contest comments I received
two very generous offers of help with a tower for the 6M &
432 antennas!!  I accepted the more practical of them and
look forward to getting those bands going again (not to
mention considerably improved from the previous
configuration).  I'm not sure how quickly that project can
be completed, but will do it ASAP.

73,
Paul  N1BUG  FN55mf