Re: [VHFcontesting] repairing a transverter

To: wbr wf4r <wbr@verizon.net>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] repairing a transverter
From: Dan <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:07:19 -0500
Hi Bill,
Ironically, I was using a DEM TIB :-)   I agree they make transverter
interfacing a snap.  However, you have to keep an eye on them as mine
drifted up in power. Not surprising in a Rover environment.  I don't
fault the TIB, it was purely my fault.  I should have checked the drive
levels before I set out on my Rover trip.  Live and learn.

I have the transverter on the bench now.  I'll get a chance to check it
out in another day or two.  Looking over the schematic, there is a 150
ohm chip resister on the input that looks to be a likely suspect...

73
Dan

--
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269