Re: [VHFcontesting] DEM 432-38 Receive Problems

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] DEM 432-38 Receive Problems
From: Shawn Tayler <n7lq@xmtservices.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:32:01 -0800
Hi Jim,

I need a little more info on your setup.

What version DEM transverter do you have?  When you checked with your 847,
were you on the same antenna and was/is there a preamp in line?

Its not uncommon for broadcasters to create IMD in the front-ends of
distant equipment.  I have an instance of several FM stations putting
about 1mW, 0 dBm, on the coax of a discone antenna.  Haven't found a radio
yet that can handle it.

Shawn
N7LQ

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:24:14 EST Jimk8mr@aol.com exclaimed: