[VHFcontesting] East Tennessee Rovers

To: "VHF CONTESTING" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] East Tennessee Rovers
From: "Mike Wechsler" <n4ofar@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:28:25 -0500
East Tennessee Rovers, N4FLM and N4OFA, will attempt another January
contest.  We will use Wayne's call N4FLM/R and plan on having 6-3456
operating.  Our scheduled route will depend entirely on the weather
conditions.  Usually we are not able to work off the mountains and have
to stay near the interstate,
Last January taught us a lesson about the difference in weather from
what we have on the lowlands and what is happening at 5000'.....maybe we
can catch a favorable window of no ice and snow and get on the blue
Ridge, Beech Mtn and
Roan Mtn....

I am looking forward to trying out 3456 for the first time, I hope it
works
With no problems.  10ghz is undergoing a retrofit with a new control
board
Addition and will not be available until the June contest.

With fewer contacts and a laid back contest strategy, The January
contest is
Always a opportunity to enjoy chatting a little with our old friends.
We look forward to another roving adventure, brought to you in living
color by Quaker Oats.  Remember we use .173 for our run
frequency...........

ROVERS, STAY SAFE, KEEP ROVING, KEEP SMILING!

Wayne, and Mike