Re: [VHFcontesting] Cushcraft dualband yagi comments wanted

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Cushcraft dualband yagi comments wanted
From: "Joel Stanley" <kc8dqh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:12:35 -0500
> Does anyone on the list have experience using the Cushcraft A27010-S
> dualband yagi?  This is the 5 elements on each band version.  I currently have
> the Cushcraft 10 element 2 meter yagi up, but nothing for 70cm.  I am limited
> on mast space and coax runs at this time, and would like the extra band for
> contesting, tropo, and satellites.  Also, would a notice a large difference
> on 2
> meters going from 10 elements to 5 elements?  I used a Cushcraft 4 element
> boomer once while roving and was pretty impressed with its performance.

John NE0P and the list,

I have used a A27010S exclusively for my 2 m and 70 cm work, so I
cannot offer any comparisons to other antennae.  However, I do say
that it serves me relatively well as a restricted-space (apartment
balcony) antenna.

In that antenna's design, both driven elements are fed simultaneously
through an included T-connector.  Thus, the 2 m "side" and 70 cm
"side" are actually working together.  This, of course, means that
tuning is more of an iterative process with this antenna than with,
say, a single-band antenna.

73 de Joel KC8DQH