[VHFcontesting] KR1ST 2M Sprint Results

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KR1ST 2M Sprint Results
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:37:21 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I was on from 8 to 9pm and from 10 to 11pm and worked 7 QSOs and 6 grids.  I
can certainly understand the comments on how boring and lonely it can get, but
we keep hanging in there. Someone's gotta start, right?

There was some decent propagation, but not many stations to work. I worked all
I could hear. Best DX was W4LTJ (EM90) and W0AH (EM85), both over 200 miles.
Worked W4LTJ on a pair of stacked homebrew loops hanging in the tree at 34 feet
and worked W0AH on a fixed 4 element Arrow beam at 30 feet on a portable
military mast.  I did hear W0AH also on the loops.

The rig was a FT-897 running 50 Watts. I get a chuckle out folks calling their
multi-hecto-Watt -with-deca-plus-element-beam-stations "modest".  :-)

73,
--Alex KR1ST (Em92wx)
http://www.kr1st.com