Re: [VHFcontesting] Best contesting rig

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Best contesting rig
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:01:06 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
> In terms of casual contesting, the Icom 718 is a great value in an HF
> rig-DSP, built in keyer, easy to use
> for less than $550, but I don't think anyone would consider it the "best"
> contest rig for HF.  Of course it is better
> than having no contest rig at all.

Hey, I won my first CQ certificate with that lil' IC-718. :-)  For $550 it may
actually be the best HF contesting rig in that price range, although the HW-101
I just restored does a bang up job digging out weak ones on 40 meters.

We're good at comparing apples and oranges, aren't we?

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com