Re: [VHFcontesting] FN55 N1BUG contest plans

To: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FN55 N1BUG contest plans
From: Paul N1BUG <paul_n1bug@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:42:43 -0400
The thing is I don't care much about my score or number of Q's. I'm
there to have fun, try to make some contacts that aren't possible
every day (due to lack of activity) and most importantly hand out
multipliers and points to the deserving. I was single band 2m for
many years, then got adventurous and added 6, 222, 432. Using low
antennas surrounded by trees I wasn't working much but a few big
guns in relatively close grids. A couple years ago I got a deal on
80' of old light duty tower and put two bands on it (it's
dangerously overloaded at that and will eventually come crashing
down). Wow! What a huge improvement, but at the expense of giving up
the other two bands. I was curious whether contesters within
multi-band range would have a preference as to which bands were more
needed from this grid, but it appears all four bands are about
equally desirable. 2 & 222 are up for now... I guess I will probably
migrate that to 6 & 2 eventually, as I would like to be able to work
the annual transatlantic E's and be around for the next solar maximum.

I look forward to working some of you this weekend!

73,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf