Re: [VHFcontesting] stacking 2m & 6m & rotator questions

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] stacking 2m & 6m & rotator questions
From: Bruce Herrick <bdh@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:55:36 -0600
I have a rotator, branded Channel Master, that is as Mike describes - 3
wire, motor in the control box that follows the rotator motor, etc.  I
strapped it to my chimney one June for a contest back in Milwaukee.  I
put a 10 foot mast on it, and put a 12' 6m 5L CC, half a CC 42-18XL for
2, an unknown 8L for 222, a CC 424 for 432, and a Ringo for 2m FM.  This
was a temporary installation for the contest weekend, but somehow it
never got taken down and was up there for several years, in some pretty
good winds - and it never failed, nor did the calibration go bad.  Still
works fine; current use is for the 902/1296 loopers on the rover.

Good luck!

Bruce WW1M
Boulder, CO