Re: [VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:24:47 -0600
Jim Worsham wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I am the Southeastern Division representative to the
> recently formed VHF UHF Advisory Committee (VUAC).

Hi Jim,

My rational answer to your question is a question:

Restating your question:
A. Is there sufficient reason for change?

My question to you is:
- Are there any specific operational problems currently being reported
by non-contesters over the use of 144.2 during contests?

I'm assuming something pretty dire must have happened on 144.2 somewhere
to make this the team's top-priority?  Seriously.

What happened?
Where did it happen?
When did it happen?
What is the extent of the problem?

Rational problem-solving REQUIRES the answers to those four questions.
(Source: The New Rational Manager, Kemper-Tregoe (c) 1998)

Out of my own curiosity, why did the team choose this particular topic
as the most important one and to work on it first?  Are there specific
reasons some of the bigger items affecting the contest were pushed off
until later or was that analysis skipped for some reason?

Got a link to any background on the VUAC team, history, members, goals,
methodologies used?  All I've seen is a press-release saying the team
was formed from ARRL.

The team hasn't really ever "introduced" themselves, as you just did, so
you're the only visible "target" for questions, I guess.  ;-)

Did the chairperson ask all representatives to solicit opinions from
their areas on this topic?  How can I reach my representative?

Seems like maybe your cart is WAY before their horses, at the moment?

Nothing wrong with that, perhaps this'll motivate the others to catch
up, if you've already determined as a team this is your highest priority
and were directed to get started on it.

Nate WY0X