[VHFcontesting] Nothern Lights Rover/Remote Contest warm Up

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Nothern Lights Rover/Remote Contest warm Up
From: Kent <k8ent@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:18:07 -0700 (PDT)
Northern Lights Rover/Remote,
  W4JJF (formerly K8ENT) will be beginning holiday on July 6, 2006. And I
intend to bring along my VHF gear. Provided all goes well I will be operating
6M SSB while traveling from Hiddenite, NC to Higgins Lake, MI which will have
me crossing many grids. Should the band be open I intend on working 50.131.5,
should the band be quite I will also work 50.125. My return will be on July, 11
& 12 so if you miss me on the way up you'll have a second chance. The
anticipated grid squares I will be traveling through are EM 95, EM96, EM 97,
EM98, EM89, EN80, EN81, EN82, EN72, EN73, & EN74.

  In addition I will be working two remote operations on both 6M & 2M. The
first from (EN-74) Higgins Lake, Michigan (07-08-06), beginning at 0200 UTC,
and the second from (EM-89) Columbus, Ohio (07-12-06), beginning at 0200 UTC.

  Keep in mind I will be visiting family so the times given are approximate
however I will try to get on the air at other times as well.

  All remote operations will be with emergency power and temporary antenna
arrays.

  I look very forward to this and hope I will be able to help some operators
obtain a needed grid or two.

Bands and Frequencies,
6M 50.131.5
6M 50.182 (Alternate)
2M 144.220
2M 144.251 (Alternate)
  And of course the respective call frequencies

Should anyone have any questions or advice please contact me at
w4jjf@yahoo.com.

  73
  Kent, W4JJF