Re: [VHFcontesting] LoTW for Rovers

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] LoTW for Rovers
From: Ed Steeble <esteeble@sc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:17:31 -0400
I think that you are making work for yourself. I don't rove but I do some
mobile operation and upload my logs for each state. In my station set up in
the TQSL program I make a separate entry for each state, I call them SC,
VA, MD, PA ,etc. There are all under my same certificate. Then when I
upload my log for a given state I use that profile. Also I have used a club
call from different girds/counties within SC and set up different names for
each operation. It works. I do admit the first several times that you use
LOTW it is confusing but
(shield up)
that is because ARRL has integrity/security built into the system unlike
another on-line award site.
(shield down).

And while setting up the correct grid and state, insure the county, ITU
zone and CQ zone are correct too. ARRL keeps hinting that more awards will
be added. I am hoping for CQ's WPX and WAZ.

For those not familiar with LOTW visit <www.arrl.org>.

73, Ed
K3IXD
and trustee for NU4SC