Re: [VHFcontesting] Intergalactic Roving Battle Jitney MK2.5

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Intergalactic Roving Battle Jitney MK2.5
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:31:43 -0400
Couple of people have asked about the mast ...

I picked it up back in the late 80's when living in the Salt Lake City
area. Dugway Proving Grounds was releasing lots of surplus and the
markets had lots of interesting things for hams. As far as I can tell
the pole was part of a lighting system for encampments. There's an FSN
on it (which I can get in the morning) and it was manufactured by
Columbus Jack Co. (no address given). It's made of some kind of strong
aluminum alloy, has a rack and pinion raising assembly with a safety
rachet for each section. Total length is 20 feet, bottom section is 5"
OD, top section is 2" OD. It used to have 4 legs but I removed them.

I think I paid around $50 at the time :)

de w1rt/r john