[VHFcontesting] Wind resistance of a parabolic dish?

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Wind resistance of a parabolic dish?
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:05:27 -0400
In the past I've run my 2 foot solid dish on a seperate rotator from
the rest of the microwave stack, and during travel I've had the dish
turned edgewise to give minimum wind resistance. Now the dish is in
the back on the main H-frame, and I'm wondering (a) what the force
being applied to my rear mast is and (b) whether it really makes any
difference if the dish is facing forward or backwards. Anyone have any
ideas or links to the relevant math?

de w1rt/john