[VHFcontesting] 432 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:41:42 -0500
432 MHz Sprint Report - K9JK/R

By Grid visited (and this should line up in a fixed width font).

Grid    Qs    Mults
EN51     9      6
EN52    11      7
EN61     7      6
EN62     8      5
Total   35     24    =   840

Highlights...a little less activity in terms of number of different
stations as compared to the 222 MHz Sprint last week but FIVE
different stations hung in there and worked me from ALL 4 of
the Grids I visited; special thanks to KC9BQA, N9DG, N9NDP,
N9TF and W9GA for that. Caught the tail end of W9GA's QSO
with WA4ZKO and moved ZKO down 5 kHz but then lost him...
EM78 would have been GREAT to have in the log. I also worked
TWO different stations in EN82, K8MD and W8RU, plus KC9GDE
in EN71, and W8MIL in EN74, otherwise everything was EN51,
52, 53, 62 and 63. Oh and I did manage to WORK ONE EN61
station, which happened to be from my stop in EN61 (thanks
to WA9KRT) but I missed it everywhere else. That makes 9
different grids that I worked, with a few of the path lengths
at and just over 200 miles (WA4ZKO would have been just
shy of 300 miles and we DID HEAR each other).

Was looking forward to K9KL's "burn-in" of his new Lunar amp
for 432 but Gregg must have been called away.

EN52 provided 10 of my Qs from 5 different stations for the
"most active grid" this evening, narrowly edging out EN53 with
9 Qs from 3 different stations.

Again, thanks to ALL who were on and to the SVHFS for their
sponsorship of the Fall VHF & Up Sprint series.

How did others do? Did the rain and storms in the NE limit
activity?

73, JK