[VHFcontesting] KC9BQA 21 Q's and 11 grids from EN63

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KC9BQA 21 Q's and 11 grids from EN63
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:00:09 -0500
   This 432 sprint delivered a bit more than I expected.

   Weather in the Upper Midwest was cool, mostly clear and
blustery.  Figured conditions would be flat at best, but did
manage to make Q's up to EN35 (K0KFC and N0VZJ),
down to EM78 (WA4ZKO), out to EN82 (K8MD and
W8RU) and finally all the way to VE3TFU in EN92.  Also
heard from W9GA in EN53 that he had a CW QSO with
a FN02 station on 432.103.  So conditions weren't all bad.

  Participation seemed decent for a sprint.  There were a
handful of times where I could hear 2 or 3 different things
going on on 432.100.  I called between .100 and .105, and
tuned between 432.090 and .120.  I never heard anyone
above 432.110.

  K9JK/R was very strong from the Chicago area.  Easy
4 Q's with John, with S9 (and sometimes better) signals.

  As usual, activity dropped off after 0200-0230Z.  Hung
around until 0330Z; made only 4 Q's and 2 new grids
after 9pm/0200Z local time.

  Next up is the microwave sprint, Sat. Oct. 14th, from
6am until 1pm your local time.  I hope to be on for that
one as well, with 903, 1296 and 2304.

  73,
  Todd   KC9BQA  EN63ao    50 thru 2304