[VHFcontesting] Antenna stacking distance

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Antenna stacking distance
From: "Ed Swiderski, KU4BP" <ku4bp@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 06:12:09 -0500
Hello all,

I'm in the planning stages on a home station and was wondering about the
stackiing distance for antennas for multiple bands. My plan is for 3, maybe
4 on one mast or two medium size towers with 2 each. I have 16el on 2m, 18el
on 432 and plans are for 5el on 6m and 220 is in the works. I've seen a
couple solutions and was wondering what has worked best for you. One was to
mount the lower freq beam a distance of half the boom length of the higher
freq beam that's above it. Another was use the stacking distance
calculations provided by the manufacturer. Which says to mount the higher
freq beam at half the stacking distance of the lower beam.

Can anyone shed some light or provide some links, formaulas etc on the
proper way to stack multiple beams of different freqs on a single mast?

Thank you,
Ed Swiderski KU4BP
EM96