[VHFcontesting] Some Real Rover Data

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Some Real Rover Data
From: N6MU1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:08:30 EST
I'm getting tired of being accused of being a captive rover who only works
other rovers while 500 feet apart. Here's some real data from the June contest
and is typical of our operations. The team of N6MU and N6HC had the top Rover
score. We travelled with W6XD while activating 16 grids here in CA. Of the 21
hours of operation only 4 were spent working W6XD. The other 17 were spent
working everyone we could hear and generated 354 Qs. Captive rover? Many
stations
were worked on multiple bands from multiple grids. Captive rover? Like
everyone else, a great deal of time was spent chasing DX on 6 resulting in 58
grids
on that band. Captive rover? Stations like VE7AHA, KB0HH, K7CW, VA6AN and
AL1VE/R were worked from multiple grids. Captive rover?

These accusations are simply not true! Also, creating a separate category for
less than 10 and probably less than 5 stations makes no sense to me. 73...

John, N6MU