[VHFcontesting] vucc more info

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] vucc more info
From: "William Capps" <cappswb@auburn.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:57:04 -0600
Hello
   I've been a rover in several VHF/UHF contests and made many qso's on
50-1296 for new grids that I've never worked from my home qth. Nearly
all of these qso's fall within the 100Km radius of my home QTH. So these
rover qso's can count towards my home qth vucc awards? I've got all
these rover qsl's stashed away in a box nearly forgotten. I thought they
were useless qsl's.
   So, I quess a good trick to get that hard to find grid on 1296,
would be to go rover to a mountaintop 99 km's from your home qth and
closer to the rare grid, and have the rare grid operator go rover 99
km's away from his rare grid qth toward your grid and hope for a qso?

73

Bill Capps
AF4OD
EM72