Re: [VHFcontesting] vucc more info

To: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>,William Capps <cappswb@auburn.edu>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] vucc more info
From: "Eric Smith" <kb7dqh@donobi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:05:54 -0800
Well, let's hope not... but I got to thinking... There are
at least two grid corners within this "magic triangle" from
my home QTH, I think.  I gotta look at the maps better.  At
least one grid corner anyway.  My home QTH is essentially
in the bottom of a valley, and I got three directions thru
which I can sorta squeeze VHF signals.  The antenna farm
here stops at 432 because of this, although I got gear thru
10368...
My only hope of achieving anything like VUCC above 6 meters
is to build up one heck of an EME station, or, operate from
portable locations.  So, most of my operations are done
from places OTHER than my home QTH, and two of my three
vehicles have VHF/UHF weak signal gear aboard...

Run my callsign thru a search engine, you will see what I
mean.  Frank, K3UHF has seen both of my "rover machines" up
close...  Once during a January contest we were headed in
opposite directions on the same Interstate... boy that
turned some heads!
Eric
KB7DQH