Re: [VHFcontesting] How Portable is "Single Op Portable"?

To: <SpecRisk@aol.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] How Portable is "Single Op Portable"?
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:53:46 -0500
2.2.Single Operator Portable:

2.2.1. Ten (10) W PEP output or less.

2.2.2.Portable power source.

2.2.3.Portable equipment and antennas.

2.2.4.Single Operator Portable stations must operate from a location other
than a permanent station location.

2.2.5.Single Operator Portable stations may not change locations during the
contest period outside of the original 500-meter diameter permitted circle.

I think that just about covers it.  Note the portable power source, portable
equipment and portable antennas.  I do know some multi op stations that do
what you suggest.  I even know one that has a permanent shack on their
mountain top location.  I am not complaining and that is all perfectly OK
but I do get jealous every year when we have to use half a dozen trailers to
haul all the W4NH stuff to the mountain top we use.

73
Jim, W4KXY