[VHFcontesting] TS2000X & 1.2 GHZ

To: "VHF TEST REFLTR" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] TS2000X & 1.2 GHZ
From: "MICHAEL SAPP" <wa3tts@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:37:25 -0400
Hi Folks: Anyone out there have an idea what the front-end frequency response
curve is like on the TS2000X on 23cm? I need to know how much attenuation it
has on 1310 and 1330 MHz, as the nearby airport approach radar is showing
+10dbm spikes with the 1296 looper pointed at the airport radar (1310/1330 MHz)
as measured on a HP141T spectrum analyzer with the scan rate at .1 millisecond.
I also get some large radar spikes in other antenna directions, depending on
the random nature of nearby air traffic, so simply avoiding the airport antenna
heading is not a solution if the front end BPF is not narrow enough to
attenuate the 1310/1330 RF by 20db or better.

Mike WA3TTS (W3KWH)