[VHFcontesting] Looking for a good VHF/UHF rover antenna

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Looking for a good VHF/UHF rover antenna
From: "Dave Larsen (WS2L)" <dirknj@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:17:17 -0400
Hopefully for the September contest I want to enter as a rover and travel to
several grids. I am looking for a fairly small antenna as at least one of the
locations I will be operating from is 1,800 feet ASL. I have been looking at
the Cushcraft A270-10S which operates on 144 & 432 MHz and is on a 6' boom. The
other antenna is also a Cushcraft, the A627013S which operates on 50, 144 and
432 MHz and is on a boom that is a little longer than 8'. Both of these
antennas can be easily mounted and used in my pick up truck. I'm curious if
anyone here has used and/or have any comments or opinions on these antennas. I
just bought a 13B2 for the house so once it goes up it stays up.

Tnx everyone,
Dave .... WS2L