Re: [VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest robot question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest robot question
From: "Carl Facer" <cfacer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:16:57 -0400
Tim (and everyone else),
    I emailed the contests@arrl.org account and got a reply from Tom
Hogerty, KC1J, who stated that the robot uses UTC instead of local
time. I submitted mine last night and got the same message, but Tom
assured me that my log was indeed accepted. The earliest they should
be allowed to cut it off is today (2007-07-11) at 2359 UTC, but anyone
who misses that might be able to fight them on pure
"misinterpretation" of the rules. (Possibly "I thought you meant local
time!") As a recap, the ARRL rules for the 2007 June VHF QSO party, in
regards to log submission, are as follows:

6.3. Entries must be emailed or postmarked no later than July 11,
2007. Late logs may be designated as checklogs only.
Source: http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2007/june-vhf.html

The only other relevant information I could dig up was the following
tidbit under Log Submission rules for ARRL contests:

Logs must be emailed within 30 days of the end of the contest.
Source: http://www.arrl.org/contests/fileform.html

Hope nobody gets caught out in the open by this one!

73s de KC2LLT/R

-Carl

I "missed" the deadline, but barely ... and my log was still accepted.

        Log Deadline: 2007-07-11 00:00:00 UTC
         Received at: 2007-07-11 00:44:49 UTC  ***AFTER DEADLINE***