Re: [VHFcontesting] Inverters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Inverters
From: Stephan Andre' <andres@msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:39:48 -0400
On Thursday 12 July 2007 02:31:59 Bruce Herrick wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I need a cheap inverter to power a rotator in the rover.  They are
> available everywhere, like Target, Mall Wart, etc.  Anyone have any
> recommendations on one that is RF quiet?
>
> TIA
>
> Bruce WW1M

>From the little I've played with them, you need to test the unit
regardless of what kind of reputation it has, and quickly enough
such that you can return it for another.

I have a 175w unit, which sounded like an equal oppurtunity buzz
saw on any radio near it.  Had it not supposed to have been an
inverter it would have made a nice pet, driving all the radios in
the house nuts.  But back it went for a replacement, and that one
was just an inverter.  Boring, but an inverter.

Moral: test them.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82