[VHFcontesting] WTB all mode 2 & 432 rig

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WTB all mode 2 & 432 rig
From: "Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:34:53 -0500
Hi everybody,

Last week, I was forced to sell my FT-897D on eBay, to pay some bills.  So
once again I am bereft of rigs for weak signal work.  Unlike back in '99,
when I had to sell my killer FT-736R (which had 2, 222, 432 & 1296
capability), I have no intention of giving up on VHF & UHF weak signal work.
I've already managed to get back 6m capability, by scoring a FT-620B in
excellent condition for chump change ( $100) at the SMARC, Oak Creek
Swapfest.  Now I just need to get back on 2 & 432 (while I like 1296, at
this time it isn't practical for me antennawise).  The kicker is that after
paying my bills with the sale of my FT-897D, I only have about $400 to play
with.  So, that sort of limits me to a FT-726R, TS-780, (on a longshot)
IC-820, or (also on a longshot) TS-790.   And to answer some possibly asked
questions:

1.  No, I don't want a cheap FT-100, or FT-890 or other HF plus VHF & UHF
rig. Experience with my FT-897D, showed that it didn't hold a candle to my
old 736R.
2.  Yes, I could possibly meet the need with a couple of old all mode
mobiles.  I did that years ago (with a TR-9130 for 2m, FT-690 Mk II for 6m,
and FT-790 Mk II for 432), and frankly it gets kind of bulky spacewise for
me.  The same thing holds true for transverters with all of their cables,
attenuators, and switching (especially if I operate non-portable, from my
[getting cramped] radio table).

Anybody have an older 2 & 432 rig that needs a good home?

73,
Ellen - AF9J
Grid EN52xx