Re: [VHFcontesting] No 432 mHz op

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] No 432 mHz op
From: "Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:39:50 -0500
4m is kind of weird over in Europe.  Yes, it's sort of like th WARC bands,
but it's hard to get people on the band, since most hams have to roll, or
modify commercial equipment for the 4m band.  I don't know if they even make
a transverter for 4m.

Asfor John's comment about 222.  I guess, that situation for us, is like 4m
is for Europe, although we have more available to us.  I tell you, last
year, I was feeling bummed that only 6 & 2 were allowed for the contest.
Not only was 6 in good shape for a goodly amount of the contest, but we had
great tropo on 2,  I worked from my QTH oin the Milwaukee metro area, into
easter Kansas, with just 25W, into a crappy endfed random wire.  I wanted to
go up to 432, and nobody wanted to QSY, because it wasn't allowed for
contest credit.  That's too bad, because the higher you go in freq., the
easier it is to work tropo.

73,
Ellen - AF9J