[VHFcontesting] Quit roving

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Quit roving
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:16:11 -0700
Dave,

I quit being a rover at one point because of the rules. Then again I missed what I did so I began to do it again. I don?t know what rule bothers you but I?m interested because I?m trying to get a new one sponsored from here. You could let me know direct or not, but what ever the rule you should let your VUAC member know why you are hanging it up.

Eric mentioned the contest, there?s a proposed one by me on the Pacific Northwest VHF reflector. Its not the latest version. I changed a bit based on input of my fellow club members, it would be their contest as well as mine. But the main premise is there.

I created it based on what has been said on this reflector and ours in the Northwest. I?d be curious for input on it as well. However I?m going on vacation so I might not get back to anyone who posts an idea.

My biggest beef in the rules were the captive and grid circling self QSOing rovers.
Some things take persistance.....
Though I don?t like it, they could still do it in the new contest.

Frank
PS how much for the radios?