Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC Rover Response

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC Rover Response
From: Dave Agsten <w4txs@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:19:51 -0700 (PDT)
Mike, KA2AEV wrote:

  WOW
That's a real cocky answer
Maybe someone should be working on his personality skills?
Maybe with people like this on the VUAC, this is why we don't have any

action!

And just remember guys, we just heard from the VUAC
THANKS

  Mike's response was after READING THIS:

  some  consensus on what the rover rules should be IS NOT easy or quick.
   Our
goal is to have some new rules in place for next years contests.   Note
 that
I said a goal not a promise.  You have now heard from the  VUAC.

73
Jim, W4KXY

  RIGHT ON Mike - the VUAC certainly hasn't been quick and the answer did seem
rather cocky. But all of a sudden we're hearing from VUAC members who have been
tied up with EME stuff. I may be guessing and could be wrong, but I'll bet more
logs are submitted for the VHF/UHF contests every year than for the ARRL EME
contest. It's a good thing DUBUS isn't waiting for ARRL approval.

  I'll be setting up the low band receive antennas for Sept. rather than
participating in the VHF "QSO Party". (not a contest)

  73,
  Dave N8AG